Saturday, March 28, 2009

No ones gonna love you

the sky hung with tear-shaped stars, the wisteria tinted bluer
from the shade of the world at night, i kissed your face and told you
i loved you, because i did and it was not just a small sentence
that fell out of my mouth and into your vulnerable head, like all the
things
you told me, you'd be my wife and you wanted nothing more than the
smell of
my skin as your head was pressed against my ribcage feeling the life
beat
inside of me, and no matter how many times you've told me you miss
those times,
i still know that you are just a nostalgic baby girl, beautiful and
broken just as
the days when mama said she'd make everything okay. she was right but
baby girls
need to grow up, and sometimes making everything okay
only makes everything worse, and the love i had for you was the
simplest kind
where i only wanted to watch you bloom. just like the flowers in the
night,
you disappeared during all the dark times when you were needed the
most
because heaven knows beautiful things need sunshine to be seen,
even with red eyes.
i watched you flourish lazily in the morning, and you were again MIA.
someone must have picked you away, and placed you on a mantel
to be appreciated loosely and tended to sloppily
to be fed aspirin tablets, and water, and grow old, and boring, and
die, 
and although your beauty is no doubt a missing piece of this still-life
i call my days,
i still know that flowers are like girls
just as girls are to fashion, attractive and adored
but fleeting fast and ready to bloom into something
so much harder to accommodate.
--
Sent from my T-Mobile Sidekick®

2 comments:

kayla said...

I dnt have my phone at the moment someone stole it ( adam latta ) but i really want to talk to you. you can call my moms cell. 940 585-8276

kayla said...

I love ya sweetie